Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Biggest Problem in Education???

I believe that the biggest problem that we face in education is the lack of funding.  I know that in my school, we use a lot of money for unnecessary items.  We bought a flat screen television to put in the cafeteria that I have seen turned on maybe twice in the past two years.  I believe that our administrators need to really consider what they buy first.  We could have used that money to go towards a field trip that would be very helpful in a difficult AP class, or for advanced technology in our AG classes.  I had a teacher my freshman year, and no one understood what she was teaching at all.  She had a meeting with the principal and asked if she could donate some money because she saw something in a magazine that she thought would help our class understand better.  Well the principal said we didn't have the money, so my teacher paid for it out of pocket.  All that I know is everyone passed the test with high scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment